Duvets from Fja-Oeyen:
a good night’s sleep!
Go to bed on time and always at the same time. Avoid alcohol and caffeine before you sleep. Air your bedroom. And avoid screen time too ... You’ve undoubtedly seen the many tips for better sleep. But did you know that the quality of your duvet also plays a part in a good night’s rest? This is why you benefit from choosing a top-quality duvet – one made following the tricks of the trade, and filled with pure, genuine down. In short, a duvet from Fja-Oeyen! Make the right choice. It’s time you wake up feeling truly rested!
you a lifetime
of delightful sleep.
THE FJA-OEYEN FAMILY BUSINESS
For nearly sixty years, Fja-Oeyen Mol has been synonymous with handmade quilts with high-quality down.
Gust Oeyen, disappointed by the quality of purchased down duvets, started making down duvets manually in the late 1950s. Every made-to-measure product that left the workshop was registered in a booklet by hand. This tradition has been maintained to this day and has been passed on from generation to generation, together with the tricks of the trade and a passion for the profession.
Currently, the third generation of Piet Oeyen and wife An is at the helm, while the fourth generation is represented by the entrance of sons Flip and Rik.
Authenticity and tradition, together with craftsmanship and quality, are to this day the highest priorities. All of which pays off, because demand is rising for sustainable, authentic products. Even at a time when high labour costs have reduced craftsmanship in Belgium to a rarity, Fja-Oeyen opened a second shop in 2012 right next to the Bourla Theatre in Antwerp.
SLEEPING BETTER DO'S
Poor sleep is bad for your health. Even so, a good night's sleep for many of us these days is but a dream. Follow the tips below for rapid improvements to your sleeping patterns.
• Ventilate your bedroom for half an hour every day.
• Make sure your room is dark because light stimulates your brain.
• On average, we need 8 hours of sleep per night. Try to go to sleep at the same time as much as possible, and wake up likewise.
• Sufficient activity throughout the day ensures a good night’s sleep.
• Choose a good bed base and a mattress that is adapted to your body.
• Choose natural pillows and blankets (such as down pillows and down duvets from Fja-Oeyen) that allow your body to breathe while you sleep.
• Lightly fluff up your down duvet every morning, and if possible air it next to the window.
• Change your bed linen once a week.